Yo! Bus Gains Community Board 3 Support for New Pike Street Stop
This time around, there was virtually zero opposition. The crowd of mostly journalism students and some local media was rather tame. Few questions and no TV crews. Motion to approve the new bus stop carried with three votes in the affirmative and one abstention. Approval is conditioned upon the following stipulations, agreement of which will also be confirmed by letter:
- Personnel must be onsite to supervise loading, unloading, and any passenger question.
- Said workers are responsible for cleanup, with trash bags departed the neighborhood by bus.
- Yo! Bus will only sell tickets for the number of seats in each vehicle, with specific numbering system to determine boarding.
- Yo! Bus will work with Lower East Side Employment Network to hire locally.
- There will be a nine-month trial period, including a requirement to report back to the community after six months.
The full community board will vote on the matter later this month.