- Featured / January SLA Agenda Released; Ivan Ramen Coming to Clinton Street
January SLA Agenda Released; Ivan Ramen Coming to Clinton Street
Posted on: December 20th, 2012 at 6:09 am by Elie
Just as the city is preparing for another mass exodus ahead of the holidays, Community Board 3 quietly released its agenda for January’s SLA subcommittee meeting. And it comes in pretty light with only twenty items under consideration. Here are some of the more notable nuggets.
- Ivan Orkin (man) is gunning for 25 Clinton Street to open his much-anticipated Ivan Ramen noodle bar. He seeks full liquor.
- That Latin-flavored grocer/restaurant we told you about in October – Pulperia – is applying for wine and beer privileges.
- St. Jerome’s at 155 Rivington changed its corporate identity after being sold earlier this year, and now seeks the same on-premise license.
- San Marzano on Clinton is currently for sale, which probably explains the new application for full liquor.
Full agenda printed below:
Renewal with Complaint History
1. Temple of Ankh, 58 Clinton St (wine and beer)
Applications within Resolution Areas
2. San Marzano Pizzeria (San Marzano LLC), 71 Clinton St (full liquor)
3. Ivan Ramen, 25 Clinton St (full liquor)
4. Pig & Khao (68 Clinton Restaurant Associates LLC), 68 Clinton St (full liquor)
5. 154 Ludlow Bar LLC, 154 Ludlow St (full liquor)
New Liquor License Applications
6. Rivington 155 Parlor Inc, 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
7. To be Determined, 138 Orchard St (full liquor)
8. To be Determined, 49 Canal St (full liquor)
9. Elephant House Inc, 301 E 12th St (full liquor)
10. Pul Peria on Essex Inc, 131 Essex St (wine and beer)
11. Mediterrean Grill and Tapas (Izagara Gourmet Inc), 128 1st Ave (full liquor)
12. Good Luck House Inc, 21 Division St (wine and beer)
13. Hill and Dale Restaurant Group LLC, 115 Allen St (full liquor)
14. Matilda (Settebello LLC), 647 E 11th St (full liquor/upgrade)
15. Famous Sichuan One Inc, 10 Pell St (wine and beer)
16. To be Determined, 87 Bowery (full liquor)
17. 90 Third Avenue TC Restaurant LLC, 90 3rd Ave (full liquor)
18. Wo Hop City Inc, 15 Mott St (wine and beer)
Old Business-Renewal with Complaint History
19. The Suffolk Bar, 107 Suffolk St (wine and beer)
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
20. St Jerome’s (Rivington Wine & Cheese Inc), 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
Rescue workers operating in the Second Avenue explosion site uncovered two bodies in the wreckage this afternoon, according to a report in the New York Times and New York Post. Two people were missing (and feared dead) after a gas-related explosion detonated in the Sushi Park restaurant at 121 Second Avenue – Nicholas Figueroa, 23, and Moises Ismael […]
Thursday’s gas explosion on Second Avenue that resulted in the decimation of three East Village tenements is a tragedy that hits home. Fellow New Yorkers are banding together to assist during this crisis period. With a little help from DNAinfo, here’s how you can help those affected by the disaster. Pass it along, and drop us a line to let us know of […]
This photo is sickening and appalling, but not too surprising. A bunch of girls taking a selfie outside the tragic blast site on 2nd Avenue. Two people are still reported missing and feared dead and dozens of residents are without homes, but at least this gaggle can share the memory on Instagram.
Until yesterday afternoon, Sopranos star Drea de Matteo owned a unit in the tenement at 123 Second Avenue. This address and two of its neighbors both collapsed into a pile of rubble due to the explosion in Sushi Park next door at 121 Second Avenue. It was a 7-alarm blaze. According to reports, de Matteo maintained […]
Hanksy and friends are almost finished transforming the spartan bank space at 104 Delancey into another funhouse for the “Best of the Worst” show. You wouldn’t even know that a Chase branch once operated in this spot. The whitebox nature of the space is redesigned, albeit temporarily. Promising to deliver a vibe akin to the […]
The controversial commercial unit at 106 Rivington Street – an address that lives in infamy – is again in the news. And this time for something way more serious than a liquor license. Especially given the tragic gas-related explosion up on Second Avenue yesterday afternoon. We are told that emergency personnel responded to 106 Rivington […]
On this day in… 2008 – Campaigning Illinois Senator Barack Obama took the stage at Cooper Union’s Great Hall. The then-presidential hopeful gave a speech about the economy, and proposed an additional $30 billion stimulus package to help during the downturn. Obama was introduced by Mayor Bloomberg. The event was highly symbolic, as Cooper Union […]
The torrent of media coverage for the #SaveNYC campaign notched another huge get. Movement founder, and blogger extraordinaire Jeremiah Moss appeared on the “Brian Lehrer Show” yesterday. The candid, twenty-minute discussion was a great primer for the current commercial climate, and how the little guy is being forced from the Five Boroughs. It was also […]
Making ends meet near the junction of Stanton and the Bowery is pretty difficult. We’ve reported on this trend in the past. Now, within the last month, two of the block’s commercial anchors have vanished. And neighbors, at that. International Playground and Douma Pizza. International Playground shuttered at the end of February, and consolidated with its […]
Yesterday afternoon was a nightmare realized on Second Avenue in the East Village. As you probably heard, a gas-related explosion at roughly 3:30pm inside Sushi Park at 121 Second Avenue caused the building to collapse. The resultant 7-alarm blaze spread to the adjacent structures injuring 19 people. No fatalities reported as of this morning, but six […]