5 Tips for Post-New Year’s Cleanup
Sparkly dresses and swanky parties are exciting, but the post-party cleanup is a whole different story. The night after a New Year’s celebration can be painful enough without the thought of spending an entire day scrubbing away the remains of 2012.
So, how can you ring in the new year with a clean home after hosting your NYE get-together? MyClean, a NYC based online cleaning company, has 5 easy steps to tackle your post-party cleanup without breaking a sweat:
- Supplies – Go to the store and get big trash bags, strong cleaning products (Scrubbing Bubbles, Kaboom, and Meyer’s All Purpose Cleaner are great), and heavy duty scrubbers. You’ll need it to get the job done.
- Start Big to Little- Throw out all the big stuff like cups, plates, and empty bottles. Rather than cleaning a particular spot until it is spotless, take on the big stuff first, and that will leave you with the regular cleaning after!
- Top to bottom- Start with the ceiling fan, and work your way down to the cabinets, counters and floors. It’ll make your apartment cleaning more efficient and save you time. This is how the professional maids do it.
- Microwaves – If things got messy heating up the hor d’oeurves, put a bowl of water with lemon juice in it and microwave for 5 minutes. After that the inside should be nice and steamy and the grime will come off much easier.
- Stains – Spilled beer, B.O., blood, or other “adult stains from partying”? You can easily remove stains on clothing with shampoo – it’s made to remove dirt and body oils. This is a great trick when traveling.
Last tip – if things are out of hand or you need to call in the professionals, visit www.MyClean.com and use discount code BOOGIE2013 to get a free $50 credit towards your first home or apartment cleaning in 2013. They service all of NYC, and are available for home, office, and apartment cleaning services.