CB3 Releases February SLA Agenda
Posted on: January 26th, 2011 at 6:39 am by Elie
Community Board 3 just released its SLA agenda for February. Hot off the press! There are a number of, shall we say, tasty items on the docket.
This image has been archived or removed.
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel is still getting glassed at 93 Bowery, but is now seeking a full liquor license.
- Snack Dragon is again seeking that wine and beer license, even though it resides in a resolution area.
- An entity called Goodfellas Brick Oven Pizza will try and give Rosario’s a run for its money at 144 Orchard Street.
- Imperial Tavern is seeking a transfer of its full liquor license. Last we checked, the bar was currently up for sale.
- Rivington Wine and Cheese makes an appearance on the docket again after over a year. They were last considering a space at 95 Delancey.
- A new bar called the One Mile House is seeking a full liquor license at 10 Delancey, which was vacated almost two years ago. It’s been dormant ever since.
And below is the complete list. (super)Dive in!
Renewal with Complaint History
1. Superdive (Rapture Café & Books LLC), 200 Ave A (full liquor)
Applications within Resolution Areas
2. Snack Dragon, 164 Orchard St (wine & beer)
3. Goodfellas Brick Oven Pizza (FRKK Inc) 144 Orchard St (wine & beer)
4. To Be Determined, 175 Ludlow St (wine & beer)
5. Castleblade, Inc, 17 Clinton St (alteration/wine & beer/expand to next door)
6. Taco Joint Inc, 119 St Marks Pl (wine & beer)
7. Pastabar Café Corp, 127 Ave C (upgrade/full liquor) (aka 343 E 8th St)
Sidewalk Café Applications
8. Ninth Ward (Church and Louis Inc), 180 2nd Ave
9. To Be Determined, 103 2nd Ave (transfer/full liquor) (Vandaag)
10. Spur Tree (Symtic 10 Ten LLC) 76 Orchard St (transfer/wine & beer)
11. 40 Mulberry Restaurant Inc, 40 Mulberry St (alteration/full liquor/request to add portable karaoke machine)
12. Rivington Wine and Cheese Inc, 155 Rivington St (alteration/full liquor/increase seating)
13. Ashton Thai Place Inc, 244 E 13th St (transfer/wine & beer) (Zabbi City)
14. Heartbreak Café (Christos Restaurant LLC), 29 E 2nd St (alteration/wine & beer/extend to proposed sidewalk café)
15. Kuidouraku (141 Ebenezer & Song Inc), 141 1st Ave (transfer/wine & beer)
16. The Beagle, 162 Ave A (transfer/full liquor) (Orologio)
17. 161 Restaurant Corp, 161 Ludlow St (transfer/full liquor) (Imperial Tavern)
New Liquor License Applications
18. Momofuku Milk Bar (EV Milk LLC), 251 E 13th St (full liquor)
19. One Mile House, 10-12 Delancey St (full liquor)
20. Family Recipe (Family Recipe Inc), 231 Eldridge St (wine & beer)
21. Marry The Ketchup Inc, 95 1st Ave (wine & beer)
22. Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown (Wyndham Hotel Management Inc and 93 Bowery Holdings LLC), 93 Bowery (full liquor)
23. 228 Rest Corp, 232 1st Ave (full liquor)
24. 56 Burger Fondue LLC, 56 3rd Ave (full liquor)
25. One East Broadway Restaurant (One East Broadway Restaurant Inc) 1 E B’way, 1st Fl (wine & beer)
The redevelopment of ABC No Rio into an environmentally friendly passive house is again dogged by delays. In an appeal for donations on Giving Tuesday this month, ABC No Rio director Steve Englander provided an update on status of the new development. Another setback; this time it’s the necessary redesign of the foundation and plans […]
International Center of Photography Readies January Reopening at Essex Crossing with Ginormous Photo Display
Another big-box occupant at Essex Crossing goes live in just a few weeks. In January 2020, the International Center of Photography will unveil its “new, fully integrated” facility at 242 Broome Street. A ginormous, three-story photograph is currently hanging in the windows facing Essex Street as teaser ahead of launch. Shot by school alum Rochelle Brock, […]
A new retirement community program is headed to Confucius Plaza on the Bowery. Earlier this week, Councilwoman Margaret Chin joined Confucius Plaza Management, Hamilton-Madison House staff, and local seniors at the 44-year-old complex to unveil the new Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC) entity. The facility is aptly named The Joy Peace Center, and offers social […]
The synergy between high-end condos and galleries is on full display at Ben Shaoul’s Lower East Side condoplex. It is here, in the lobby of 196 Orchard Street, that local gallerist Lesley Heller has been tapped to curate a revolving placement of art. The residency began this week. Heller – who runs her eponymous showroom […]
The city halted construction on the commercial office development set to replace the former Sunshine Cinema. Just before the Thanksgiving holiday, Department of Buildings deployed inspectors to the project site and subsequently issued a full stop-work order due to excavation activities. Public records show that “foundation work with excavators” caused “structural cracks” in both the […]
Street artist Claw Money recently closed down her Delancey Street store. Now encased in plywood shed, the space is undergoing renovation. And joins the litter of other commercial vacancies at 101 Delancey. Indeed, the handful of divided storefronts comprising 101 Delancey went under the knife nearly a decade ago, and largely remained dormant. Except for […]
The good luck is back, as the Chinatown spa of same just reopened. You’ll recall that the Good Luck Spa on Orchard Street fell victim to a police sting last month, and was busted for prostitution. The proverbial happy ending treatment for customers. The business only remained closed for a minute, and was back at […]
Carbon monoxide levels spiked at a Broome Street bodega early yesterday morning, sickening five people. The purported gas leak happened at the Optimum Gourmet Deli on the ground floor of 243 Broome. Firefighters rushed to the store at 7:40am. Five were sickened by the elevated gas in the air, including one who was seriously hurt. […]
We, the Manhattan Charter School for Curious Minds, are two small public elementary schools educating children in grades Kindergarten through 5th. We believe in the importance of an intimate learning environment and are committed to offering a well-rounded education designed to help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. There are never more than 25 […]
Not since Velvet Underground has a banana polarized so. You may have seen the viral story about the banana fastened to a wall at Art Basel fetching $120,000 in the name of “art.” Back home on the Lower East Side, the locals have added their two cents about Maurizio Cattelan’s work (known for the golden […]