CB3 Releases February SLA Agenda
Posted on: January 26th, 2011 at 6:39 am by Elie
Community Board 3 just released its SLA agenda for February. Hot off the press! There are a number of, shall we say, tasty items on the docket.
This image has been archived or removed.
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel is still getting glassed at 93 Bowery, but is now seeking a full liquor license.
- Snack Dragon is again seeking that wine and beer license, even though it resides in a resolution area.
- An entity called Goodfellas Brick Oven Pizza will try and give Rosario’s a run for its money at 144 Orchard Street.
- Imperial Tavern is seeking a transfer of its full liquor license. Last we checked, the bar was currently up for sale.
- Rivington Wine and Cheese makes an appearance on the docket again after over a year. They were last considering a space at 95 Delancey.
- A new bar called the One Mile House is seeking a full liquor license at 10 Delancey, which was vacated almost two years ago. It’s been dormant ever since.
And below is the complete list. (super)Dive in!
Renewal with Complaint History
1. Superdive (Rapture Café & Books LLC), 200 Ave A (full liquor)
Applications within Resolution Areas
2. Snack Dragon, 164 Orchard St (wine & beer)
3. Goodfellas Brick Oven Pizza (FRKK Inc) 144 Orchard St (wine & beer)
4. To Be Determined, 175 Ludlow St (wine & beer)
5. Castleblade, Inc, 17 Clinton St (alteration/wine & beer/expand to next door)
6. Taco Joint Inc, 119 St Marks Pl (wine & beer)
7. Pastabar Café Corp, 127 Ave C (upgrade/full liquor) (aka 343 E 8th St)
Sidewalk Café Applications
8. Ninth Ward (Church and Louis Inc), 180 2nd Ave
9. To Be Determined, 103 2nd Ave (transfer/full liquor) (Vandaag)
10. Spur Tree (Symtic 10 Ten LLC) 76 Orchard St (transfer/wine & beer)
11. 40 Mulberry Restaurant Inc, 40 Mulberry St (alteration/full liquor/request to add portable karaoke machine)
12. Rivington Wine and Cheese Inc, 155 Rivington St (alteration/full liquor/increase seating)
13. Ashton Thai Place Inc, 244 E 13th St (transfer/wine & beer) (Zabbi City)
14. Heartbreak Café (Christos Restaurant LLC), 29 E 2nd St (alteration/wine & beer/extend to proposed sidewalk café)
15. Kuidouraku (141 Ebenezer & Song Inc), 141 1st Ave (transfer/wine & beer)
16. The Beagle, 162 Ave A (transfer/full liquor) (Orologio)
17. 161 Restaurant Corp, 161 Ludlow St (transfer/full liquor) (Imperial Tavern)
New Liquor License Applications
18. Momofuku Milk Bar (EV Milk LLC), 251 E 13th St (full liquor)
19. One Mile House, 10-12 Delancey St (full liquor)
20. Family Recipe (Family Recipe Inc), 231 Eldridge St (wine & beer)
21. Marry The Ketchup Inc, 95 1st Ave (wine & beer)
22. Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown (Wyndham Hotel Management Inc and 93 Bowery Holdings LLC), 93 Bowery (full liquor)
23. 228 Rest Corp, 232 1st Ave (full liquor)
24. 56 Burger Fondue LLC, 56 3rd Ave (full liquor)
25. One East Broadway Restaurant (One East Broadway Restaurant Inc) 1 E B’way, 1st Fl (wine & beer)
Much like the movie of same, Water World Amusements unceremoniously sunk. The arcade, which opened just over a year ago at 35 Essex Street, is no more. Gaming cabinets remain locked in the dark retail space, while leasing signage dominates the store marquee. That this game room failed to hit is not a shock. Water […]
Greens and Grains is no more after a year in business, as Hell Square eats another of its own. Instead, the so-called Pizza Champion is opening a chicken-focused eatery. Hakki Akdeniz, who owns a plethora of pizzerias around the neighborhood, is planning to open Essex Chicken at 115 Essex Street. Just a few doors down […]
Delicatessen shuttered suddenly last month after eleven years in Little Italy. However, its demise is actually months in the making, and with a big-name takeover on the way, to boot. The 2,000 square-foot corner space at 265 Lafayette (aka 54 Prince) is to become the third Manhattan outpost of La Pecora Bianca. And renovations are […]
The flagship Zara store on Broadway is hoping to legalize its SoHo footprint by altering the current zoning. Zara, which purchased the commercial condo at 503 Broadway in 2015 for $284 million, occupies a much larger footprint than what is permitted under the current zoning. (Former location of Old Navy from 1998 to 2015.) Once […]
As part of the effort to address the logjam to the Williamsburg Bridge, there was a previous update to the traffic pattern near the Lower East Side on-ramp. Motorists can no longer turn onto Clinton Street from East Broadway during nighttime hours. New signs have been in place beside the signals. But has this simple […]
Seems fitting that the bar integral to the Sex and the City story will fall victim to the forces of gentrification. B Bar & Grill (aka Bowery Bar) owner Eric Goode – whose hospitality credits also include the Bowery Hotel, Ludlow Hotel, and the Jane Hotel – is apparently co-developing the site for a much […]
New Yorkers awoke ten days ago to shocking news that four homeless men on the Bowery were brutally beaten to death while sleeping by an attacker with a three-foot piece of scrap metal (and another seriously injured). It later came out that 24-year-old Bronx native, Randy Santos, himself homeless, perpetrated the attack, and boasts a […]
The short answer is – not much. Last week, the city released the Deltares Report, a 68-page review of the East Side Coastal Resiliency Project that had been commissioned by Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Councilmember Carlina Rivera in early September. The summary describes it as a “review of the concerns surrounding the ESCR […]
Seven months after the city announcement, there is a new mini soccer pitch on the Lower East Side. Last week, PS 142 on Attorney Street cut the ribbon on the new play space. Essentially, blacktop painted with the lines of a soccer field. The play-yard addition is sponsored by the nascent NYC Soccer Initiative, a […]
Two months after the former Bialystoker Nursing Home began its path to a gilded future, the birth of more luxury on the east flank has begun. Round Square Development (née Ascend Group) filed the first permits last week to construct a thirty-story tower at 232 East Broadway. It’s a jagged mess of condos that will […]