Shit Lower East Siders Say
Yup, we went there. Being glued to media outlets as we are, it’s nearly impossible to avoid the “Shit people say” meme. And even though it’s already jumped the proverbial shark, the New York version of same was nevertheless worth a gander. So, in the spirit of this tired concept, we polled our Facebook friends for a followup of sorts. It morphed into quite a list.
This image has been archived or removed.
Herewith, the best of our crowdsourced “Shit Lower East Siders Say” (in no particular order):
- “Is the F train not running again? F#%*ing MTA.”
- “I never go above 14th Street.”
- “Whats that fucking stench? Oh yeah, it’s Chinatown on a 90 degree day.”
- “Theres a LINE?!!”
- “Ugh, it’s raining”/”ugh, it’s snowing.”
- “Oh hey sorry i’m late i was at yoga with Lady Gaga.”
- “Doughnut Plant is out of creme brulee donuts already?! But it’s only 9am!”
- ”Wanna go occupy after Pianos?”
- “Gee, I’m so excited to have to wait in line for 3 hours tomorrow just to eat brunch.”
- “Katz’s is SO overrated.”
- “This neighborhood is totally safe. Those gunshots were like two blocks that way.”
- “What’s with all the horse shit?”
- “I can’t believe [this old place] is closing!!!”
- “I can only go out around here during the week.”
- “This is where I used to score.”
Be sure to add your own variations in the comments!