CB3 Releases April SLA Agenda: Pool Hall, Tiny Fork, Living Room, Et Al.
Posted on: March 28th, 2013 at 6:55 am by Elie
This image has been archived or removed.
Community Board 3 just published the SLA subcommittee agenda for April. Lots happening on the Lower East Side these days. Here we go…
- First, Soho House decided to withdraw its liquor license application before the list was even made public. Reasoning is reportedly additional outreach in the face of increased community opposition.
- Rob Shamlian is returning to CB3 to argue for an alteration to include a basement liquor license at the forthcoming Tiny Fork on Orchard Street. You’ll recall that he withdrew the application in the face of community pressure the last go-round.
- Looks like a pool hall is primed for the old Sleepy’s space at 250 East Houston (which itself moved into the Blockbuster spot). This after Soho Billiards shuttered in December. They’re seeking full liquor.
- The Living Room is back on the agenda after a withdrawing last month.
- The nearly-completed Marriott Fairfield Inn at 95 Henry wants full liquor, presumably for its hotel bar.
Full agenda for the April 8 meeting:
Applications within Saturated Areas
1. Haile Bistro (Haile Bistro Inc), 182 Ave B (wine and beer)
2. Suffering Bastard (172 Ave B Rest Inc), 172 Ave B (full liquor)
3. Tre (Jersey Boys LLC), 173 Ludlow St (upgrade to full liquor)
4. Golden C Hospitality (Golden C Hospitality), 13 1st Ave (full liquor)
5. Bibi, 211 E 4th St (wine and beer)
Sidewalk Cafe Application
6. Dodley’s (Two Bikes LLC), 85 Orchard St (unenclosed)
7. Hong Kong Station (Lamma Island Inc), 45 Division St (alt/wine and beer/change of hours)
8. Sapphire Lounge (Saff Inc), 249 Eldridge St (alt/full liquor/various physical alterations)
9. The Third Man (116 Ave C Rest LLC), 116 Ave C (alt/full liquor/change stip to allow opening of front windows)
10. Tiny Fork (Project 6 LLC), 167 Orchard St (alt/full liquor/additional bar in basement)
New Liquor License Applications
11. Edible Analytics LLC, 177 Chrystie St (full liquor)
12. Azize Cafe & Lounge (45 First Ave Corp), 45 1st Ave (wine and beer)
13. Empanada Mama Express, 187 E Houston St (full liquor)
14. Bar Chevere (O & O Wine Corp), 181 Essex St (full liquor)
15. NYC Billiards Club Inc, 250 E Houston St (full liquor)
16. Yeah Shanghai Deluxe (50 Mott Street Inc), 50 Mott St (wine and beer)
17. 31 Division Restaurant Inc, 31 Division St (wine and beer)
18. El Diablito Taqueria, 60 E 3rd St (wine and beer)
19. The Living Room (ACP Project), 173 E 2nd St (full liquor)
20. To be Determined, 76 Clinton St (full liquor)
21. Heart N Soul (Mama Bar LLC), 200 E 3rd St (wine and beer)
22. One 55 Rivington Parlor Inc, 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
23. Cagen Japanese LLC, 412-414 E 9th St (wine and beer)
24. Goats (Goat Brothers Inc), 213 2nd Ave (full liquor)
25. The Nugget Spot (Uncle J’s Inc), 230 E 14th St (wine and beer)
26. To be Determined, 269 E Houston St (aka 188 Suffolk St) (full liquor)
27. East Broadway Tower Corp, 95 Henry St (wine and beer)
28. Tab Corp, 49 Clinton St (full liquor)
Corporate Change with Complaint History
29. Cafe 81 (81 E 7th Pastry Shop Corp), 81 E 7th St (full liquor)
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
30. St Jerome’s (Rivington Wine & Cheese Inc), 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
The Whole Foods on the Bowery thinks it owns the sidewalk. Just look to the entrance, where a gaggle of delivery bikes, with long flatbeds hitched, are parked awaiting parcels. It even wraps around onto the Bowery. This is the fleet of vehicles whose sole purpose is fulfilling Amazon’s Prime Now delivery service. The sidewalk […]
Talk about farm to table… A guerrilla farmer is growing corn on Delancey Street, but you wouldn’t necessarily notice on first passing. The decrepit flower box outside the Allen Mall Bathhouse on Delancey Street is chock full of plantings. And the growing glut of crap behind it keeps you away. Gaze there, though, and you’ll […]
The saga of Rivington House continues this week with news of its sale. Indeed, three years after Slate Property Group, China Vanke Co., and Adam America Real Estate together purchased the property, the ownership team is cashing out. Price paid for the real estate was $116 million; sale price is $159.6 million. For the moment, […]
A new tenant at 261 Broome Street filed a lawsuit against the landlord, claiming that an alleged roach infestation forced her to leave after only four days on-premise back in June. The complaint, filed this week in Manhattan Supreme Court by Julia Perry, alleges that the infestation was so severe that the critters even found […]
Two years after the closure of Berkli Parc, the southwest corner of Allen and Delancey Streets is finally active again. The plywood shed was recently removed to reveal terra-cotta marquee and identity of the next tenant – Douzo. For the new venture, Sushisamba veteran Koji Kagawa teamed up with Chatchai Huadwattana of the Chace Restaurant […]
Trendy local chain, The Modern Chemist, now has a presence on the Lower East Side. The company just debuted this new outpost in the other half of what was once American Apparel at East Houston and Orchard Streets. A sandwich board out front advertises the new opening. The Modern Chemist, which counts three other locations […]
A customer of the Delancey Street 7-Eleven robbed the store after not having enough cash for beer, police said. Early yesterday morning, a thirsty crook came up to the counter to pay for a few beers, then stole them anyway. He only had $5 and refused to pay for the other groceries. The suspect then […]
A pair of Lower East Side tenements in the orbit of Essex Crossing is now in the proverbial crosshairs. Both are on the market for a collective $12 million. The two properties are located around the corner from each other at Rivington and Suffolk Streets, and combine for 17,684 square-feet of floor area. The four-story […]
For the first time in years, 172 Orchard Street is seeing some activity in the ground floor retail. Not since Mission Cantina closed down in December 2016 has there been movement. Instead, just a revolving door of suitors considering the space. And a never-ending supply of storefront graffiti. Now, renovations are afoot. Restaurateur Helen Nguyen […]
With Kitty’s Canteen closed and in the history books, another nightlifer is looking to open a restaurant at 9 Stanton Street. One that revives Italian cuisine at this address. The newcomer is a 24-seat Italian restaurant called Forsythia. The liquor license application questionnaire lists Jacob David Siwak as the principal for the business. At the […]