CB3 Releases April SLA Agenda: Pool Hall, Tiny Fork, Living Room, Et Al.
Posted on: March 28th, 2013 at 6:55 am by Elie
This image has been archived or removed.
Community Board 3 just published the SLA subcommittee agenda for April. Lots happening on the Lower East Side these days. Here we go…
- First, Soho House decided to withdraw its liquor license application before the list was even made public. Reasoning is reportedly additional outreach in the face of increased community opposition.
- Rob Shamlian is returning to CB3 to argue for an alteration to include a basement liquor license at the forthcoming Tiny Fork on Orchard Street. You’ll recall that he withdrew the application in the face of community pressure the last go-round.
- Looks like a pool hall is primed for the old Sleepy’s space at 250 East Houston (which itself moved into the Blockbuster spot). This after Soho Billiards shuttered in December. They’re seeking full liquor.
- The Living Room is back on the agenda after a withdrawing last month.
- The nearly-completed Marriott Fairfield Inn at 95 Henry wants full liquor, presumably for its hotel bar.
Full agenda for the April 8 meeting:
Applications within Saturated Areas
1. Haile Bistro (Haile Bistro Inc), 182 Ave B (wine and beer)
2. Suffering Bastard (172 Ave B Rest Inc), 172 Ave B (full liquor)
3. Tre (Jersey Boys LLC), 173 Ludlow St (upgrade to full liquor)
4. Golden C Hospitality (Golden C Hospitality), 13 1st Ave (full liquor)
5. Bibi, 211 E 4th St (wine and beer)
Sidewalk Cafe Application
6. Dodley’s (Two Bikes LLC), 85 Orchard St (unenclosed)
7. Hong Kong Station (Lamma Island Inc), 45 Division St (alt/wine and beer/change of hours)
8. Sapphire Lounge (Saff Inc), 249 Eldridge St (alt/full liquor/various physical alterations)
9. The Third Man (116 Ave C Rest LLC), 116 Ave C (alt/full liquor/change stip to allow opening of front windows)
10. Tiny Fork (Project 6 LLC), 167 Orchard St (alt/full liquor/additional bar in basement)
New Liquor License Applications
11. Edible Analytics LLC, 177 Chrystie St (full liquor)
12. Azize Cafe & Lounge (45 First Ave Corp), 45 1st Ave (wine and beer)
13. Empanada Mama Express, 187 E Houston St (full liquor)
14. Bar Chevere (O & O Wine Corp), 181 Essex St (full liquor)
15. NYC Billiards Club Inc, 250 E Houston St (full liquor)
16. Yeah Shanghai Deluxe (50 Mott Street Inc), 50 Mott St (wine and beer)
17. 31 Division Restaurant Inc, 31 Division St (wine and beer)
18. El Diablito Taqueria, 60 E 3rd St (wine and beer)
19. The Living Room (ACP Project), 173 E 2nd St (full liquor)
20. To be Determined, 76 Clinton St (full liquor)
21. Heart N Soul (Mama Bar LLC), 200 E 3rd St (wine and beer)
22. One 55 Rivington Parlor Inc, 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
23. Cagen Japanese LLC, 412-414 E 9th St (wine and beer)
24. Goats (Goat Brothers Inc), 213 2nd Ave (full liquor)
25. The Nugget Spot (Uncle J’s Inc), 230 E 14th St (wine and beer)
26. To be Determined, 269 E Houston St (aka 188 Suffolk St) (full liquor)
27. East Broadway Tower Corp, 95 Henry St (wine and beer)
28. Tab Corp, 49 Clinton St (full liquor)
Corporate Change with Complaint History
29. Cafe 81 (81 E 7th Pastry Shop Corp), 81 E 7th St (full liquor)
Corporate Change (not heard at committee)
30. St Jerome’s (Rivington Wine & Cheese Inc), 155 Rivington St (full liquor)
It’s the Year of the Rat! This week marks the 21st year of New York City’s Lunar New Year celebration, and no doubt the organizers are scurrying around in preparation for a veritable smorgasbord of festivities. As in years past, the festivities will kick off with the explosive Firecracker Ceremony Saturday morning at 11:00am (January 25) […]
The north end of Chrystie Street continues its gilded march toward luxury. Despite the scruffy park at its doorstep. Owner-developer KD Sagamore, which scooped up 199 and 201 Chrystie over the last several years for a combined $20 million, filed for re-development back in December 2017. The plans included merging both parcels into one tax lot, […]
The Fat Baby space is again up for grabs. Eviction papers were taped to the door last week, indicating that the latest proposal for the Suave Bar and Restaurant is dead in the water. Suave was the third suitor in the last year for 112 Rivington Street. Principal Erinson Salce (of Sahara East on First […]
Christopher Marte is jumping back into the City Council election ring. With three-time Councilmember Margaret Chin terming out next year, the local politician is looking to capitalize early on the District 1 seat. Essentially building on the momentum he created during the 2017 election that gave Chin a run for her money. (The incumbent squeaked […]
Discount retailer, Rainbow, is no longer part of the Lower East Side landscape. The longtime store at 110 Delancey Street is now closed up for good. Employees told us back in October that the lease expired, and wasn’t renewed. This particular store had been at 110 Delancey for well over a decade. At one point […]
The transformation of the east side of Clinton Street to luxury continues apace with the next big reveal. In due course, the former home of New Life will sprout an eight-story development. The gleaming newcomer fits in with the what’s happening between Rivington and Stanton Streets. Indeed, it sits adjacent to 50 Clinton Street. This […]
It was supposed to have been a grand return to form for COLORS restaurant. The venue, which reopened with plenty of hype at the end of December, closed again after a comeback of less than a month. The New York Post reported that the nonprofit in charge of the establishment, which previously championed staff diversity […]
Maybe don’t pickpocket the police officer… Police arrested a man last Tuesday afternoon (January 14) who attempted to pickpocket an off-duty cop. The perp snatched the officer’s phone outside 500 Grand Street (near East Broadway), and ran off. But he was caught, arrested, and charged with robbery. (The 7th Precinct station house is around the […]
And so begins the long road back for the Stanton Storehouse. Decades displaced from community hands, the facility partially reverts to neighborhood use this month with the debut of public bathrooms. With such a grand entrance, the proverbial throne inside the building teases. Behind those fresh cut archways are bathrooms for men and women, each […]
This year marks the 10th anniversary of The Governors Ball Music Festival on Randall’s Island, and Founders Entertainment has tapped some big names to kick off the celebration. Headliners for this year’s festival are GovBall veterans Tame Impala, alongside New York indie darlings Vampire Weekend. New additions to the top slots include venerable Fleetwood Mac […]