Foundation on Essex Shuttered by Health Department
This image has been archived or removed.
Foundation is back on the shitlist.
The Department of Health paid a visit on Friday and forced the three-year-old B&T blight to close. That familiar yellow sticker remains pasted to the front door of 137 Essex Street. Violations include the following, which amount to 42 points:
- Evidence of rats or live rats present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
- Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
- Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
- Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
- Proper sanitization not provided for utensil ware washing operation.
This isn’t the first time Foundation has met the wrath of city government. A couple years ago, the club hangout was shuttered twice by the DOH and once by the 7th Precinct for underage drinking (among other violations).
Remember its predecessor, Rewind?