Orchard Street Block Association Enters NIMBY Landscape
This image has been archived or removed.
Listen up, peeps. There’s a new block association in town. As of last week, count the Orchard Street Block Association amongst the ranks of vocal NIMBY neighbors. The Lower East Side group formed partially in response to the growing nightlife presence and overall noise between Delancey and Division, previously a bastion of relative quiet.
Their concerns and goals include the following measures:
1) the increase of bars within our area.
2) the request to have our area declared an “over saturated” area by CB3 and curb the amount of liquor licenses.
3) concerns about the noise, traffic and pollution that has come with the New York Tour buses and the Chinatown buses.
4) overdevelopment of luxury condos and hotels in our area.
5) to cap the height of new buildings so that it is in line with the historic buildings of our area.
The locals are finally fighting back en masse…
Read the full letter to Orchard neighbors below: