Free Thanksgiving Meals Offered Across the Lower East Side for Those in Need
This image has been archived or removed.
Numerous Lower East Side (and Lower Manhattan) social organizations are offering free Thanksgiving meals for those without. Flyers distributed around the neighborhood in recent days list the locations participating in the program.
Orphan Thanksgiving outposts include:
- BRC Senior Center, 20 Delancey Street
- Grand Street Settlement, 80 Pitt Street
- United Jewish Council, 15-17 Bialystoker Place
- The Bowery Mission, 227 Bowery
- The Door, 555 Broome Street (teens only)
- New York City Rescue Mission, 90 Lafayette Street
These organizations also free and low-cost food options year-round.