Friends of Corlears Hook Park Hosting ‘Family Fun Day’ This Afternoon
This image has been archived or removed.
Later today, Friends of Corlears Hook Park has organized a “Family Fun Day” in their namesake park. The nonprofit volunteer group has extended an open invite to the neighborhood to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy an array of entertainment, activities and information, provided by various partner organizations. It’s shaping up to be a jam-packed two hours of fun for all ages.
Here’s a rundown, per the press release:
- The CityParks PuppetMobile presents the classic “Puss in Boots” tale, with a twist.
- Each week, young people at Grand St. Settlement’s Clubhouse use electronics, a 3D printer, and a variety of computer applications to make inspiring projects and inventions. At “Family Fun Day” we are showcasing our Marble Run game and other interactive projects involving the Noisemaker, a circuit-board created by Parsons School of Design to pique young people’s interest in STEM.
- Come learn about Lower East Side homes of the past with the Tenement Museum! Design a colorful decoration for your home and be inspired by the resourcefulness and creativity of immigrant families a hundred years ago.
- Bubble science activities will be presented by Girl Scout Senior Troop 3015 and Cadette Troop 3016
- The NYC Parks Play Mobile will be on-site and stocked with games and toys suitable for children. They will also be doing face painting.
- The NYPD 7th Precinct Community Affairs office will have a patrol car in the park for the kids to explore.
- FDNY will bring a fire truck into the park for all to enjoy and learn about.
- Henry Street Settlement, Education Alliance, and GOLES will be providing information about their summer programming for kids.
Family Fun Day is today from 1:30 to 3:30pm, at Corlears Hook Park (between Cherry and Jackson Streets and the FDR Drive).