Big Real Estate Plots Area Domination with ‘LES is More’ Summit at the Sunshine Cinema
“L.E.S. is more.”
This cringeworthy slogan, a played-out play-on-words, has long been co-opted by the real estate industry in order to sell the Lower East Side. Closer to home, the Lower East Side Partnership, whose singular mission is to increase property values for the area stakeholders, also employs the phrase.
Now, big real estate is holding a summit along those lines to plot for the ongoing gentrification offensive.
Later this morning, a panel of controversial players will convene at the Sunshine Cinema on East Houston to discuss the following subjects. Moderator is Leonard Steinberg (President of Compass); Panelists are Benjamin “Sledgehammer” Shaoul, Charles Bendit, Arthur Stern, Andres Hoff, José Antonio Grabowsky, and Nikolai Fedak.
Per the press release, obtained by Jeremiah’s Vanishing NY:
- Trump threw out the playbook in politics, fittingly NYC’s real estate players are doing the same.
- How the LES is ripe for living and ripe for investment.
- Green smoothies and Katz’s pastrami sandwiches: the collision of old and new in the LES.
- Renown developers on bridging the old and new in the Lower East Side.
- Lower East Side: Where food porn meets real estate porn.
- Why buying an apartment before the building is built is the Answer.
Choice of venue is certainly ironic, given that the movie theater is itself threatened by the same market forces these suits continue to exacerbate. As previously reported, the 1898 building is being shopped around, despite the remaining year-and-change on the lease.