Ludlow House Patron Found Dead of Suspected Heroin Overdose Friday Night
A patron of Ludlow House – the Lower East Side version of Soho House at 139 Ludlow – was found dead Friday night of an alleged heroin overdose.
The 31-year-old male reportedly overdosed in the third-floor bathroom of the members-only club at about 11:30pm. Sources tell us he was found unconscious in the fetal position with needle still in hand. Apparently, the “whole building was evacuated” at midnight. EMS pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
Cause of death is still pending investigation by the medical examiner, but given the description, sounds like heroin.