Everything You Need to Know about the Affordable Housing Lottery at Essex Crossing Site 5
The time has come – the scramble to score an affordable apartment inside Essex Crossing. The housing lottery for Site 5 (145 Clinton Street) opened last Friday and is ready for applications. Competition promises to be fierce, especially since prices start at a meager $519 for studios.
Here are the nuts and bolts (see full literature appended below):
- There are a total of 211 units at 145 Clinton Street, 104 of which are affordable. Trader Joe’s is opening a location here, Planet Fitness is coming, and a 15,000 square-foot park is also in the making.
- The affordable units are available to households earning between 40% and 165% AMI (Area Median Income) and range from studios to three-bedrooms.
- Residents of Community Board 3 are given priority for 50% of these units (i.e. 52).
- Former site tenants from back in the day will receive additional priority.
- Applications are due by May 2.
From the inbox:
The first affordable housing lottery at Essex Crossing has commenced and will be open for 60 days. The 15-story building at 145 Clinton Street, known as Site 5, will contain a total of 211 residential units. 104 of these unit units are available to households earning between 40% and 165% AMI (Area Median Income) and range from studios to three-bedrooms. Site 5 will also include a Trader Joe’s grocery store and a 15,000 square foot public park adjacent to the building.
To learn more about the available units, income requirements, and to apply online, please visit the NYC Housing Connect Online Portal.
Residents of Community Board 3 receive a preference for 50 percent of the affordable units. Former Site Tenants of the Seward Park Extension Urban Renewal Area (SPEURA) will receive an additional priority within the Community Board 3 preference.
Local Housing Ambassadors can provide assistance with the online housing application process.
For those seeking a more personal presentation, there will be Community Information Session on the topic later tonight, 6:30 to 8:30 at 350 Grand Street.
In the meantime, here is the table showing available units and income requirements.