Have Fun with Us at Corlears Hook Park June 3! [Sponsor]
Friends of Corlears Hook Park invites you to an afternoon of free family-friendly activities at our annual Family Fun Day being held at the park (located at Jackson and Cherry Streets) on Sunday, June 3 from 12-3pm. Everyone is invited to bring a picnic and enjoy an array of fun entertainment, activities, giveaways, and information provided by various partner organizations.
12-3pm: All tables open for games, arts and crafts, giveaways, face painting.
1pm: Story time on the lawn with Seward Park Librarian Andrew Fairweather. Afterwards, Andrew will help the kids select free books provided by a generous donor.
2pm: An interactive Hanagasa Kai performance by the Flower Hat Dance Troupe from the Japanese Folk Dance Institute of New York.
Other participating groups and activities include:
- The Tenement Museum invites you explore objects and homes from the past, and participate in their new online exhibit, Your Story, Our Story. Help tell the story of America’s immigration and migration by contributing your family’s story. Bring a family object (nothing valuable, please) to photograph for the exhibit, and come ready to share a story!
- The Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) presents “What’s a tangram? Learn about the popular Chinese puzzle! Then design your own tangram, then arrange and rearrange its shapes to create different patterns.”
- The NYC Compost Project hosted by the Lower East Side Ecology Center invites you to come learn how food scraps are transformed into nutrient rich compost at a compost education activity table with family-friendly compost activities!
- The NYC Parks Play Mobile will be on-site and stocked with games and toys suitable for children. We will also have an extraordinary face painter on-site.
- Basketball City will be on hand promoting their summer camp and scholarship program.
- The NYPD 7th Precinct Community Affairs office will have a patrol car in the park for the kids to explore.
- The Girl Scouts, University Settlement, and the Tenement Museum will present various arts and crafts activities.
- Third Street Music School Settlement will be on site providing musical instrument demonstrations and information about their programming.
- NYC Ferry operated by Hornblower is coming soon to the Lower East Side! Win prizes by playing NYC Ferry Jeopardy and get your questions answered about the brand new service starting later this summer.
- The Grand Street Democrats will be running an ongoing civics trivia quiz and registering voters.
- Meet the yoga instructor who will be teaching free classes in the park every Wednesday this summer, sponsored by Shape Up NYC – a free fitness program of NYC Parks & Recreation.
- Henry Street Settlement and the Educational Alliance will be in attendance providing information about their community programming.
- Noosa Yogurt and Tio Gazpacho will be providing free samples.
Sponsored by NYC Ferry, this event is weather permitting and participating organizations/activities are subject to change. Find out more information online.