Worker at Extell’s Affordable Tower Badly Burned in Electrical Accident
It was a case of shock and burn down at the Extell project site on Cherry Street.
A construction worker was electrocuted early yesterday during a work accident 227 Cherry Street, the developer’s so-called affordable tower. The man reportedly sustained second-degree burns about the arms, neck, and head, but was conscious when paramedics arrived. He was later taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The Fire Department is investigating the incident and requested the Department of Buildings perform an inspection to learn more about what happened.
Resident move-ins began over the summer for the Dattner Architects-designed, thirteen-story building. It’s been a long time coming. Defined by many as a so-called “poor-door” development given the comparative scope and amenities to One Manhattan Square next door (i.e. no comparison), the development has been under construction (and scrutiny) since late-2015.