Bring the Family for a Day of Fun at Corlears Hook Park! [Sponsor]
Friends of Corlears Hook Park invites you to an afternoon of free family-friendly activities at the annual Family Fun Day being held at the park (located at Jackson and Cherry Streets) on Sunday, June 2 from 12-3pm. Everyone is invited to enjoy an array of fun entertainment, activities, giveaways, and information provided by various partner organizations.
Schedule for the day:
12-3pm: All tables open for games, arts and crafts, giveaways, and more.
1pm: An interactive Hanagasa Kai performance by the Flower Hat Dance Troupe from the Japanese Folk Dance Institute of New York.
2pm: A performance of the City Parks Foundation PuppetMobile production of Bessie’s Big Shot.
Other participating groups and activities include:
- The NYPD 7th Precinct Community Affairs office will have a patrol car in the park for the kids to explore.
- Make Summer Solstice Sun Catchers with the Museum of Chinese in America. The Dragon Boat Festival, also called the Double Fifth Festival, is considered one of the unluckiest days of the year. Let the sun shine through by designing a vibrant sun catcher to protect your home from the five poisonous pests that emerge during this time.
- Pillowtalk Fine Art will teach attendees how to make Fuxicos that will be used in a future park installation.
- The Girl Scouts of Greater New York as well as some local troops will present various arts and crafts activities.
- The NYC Parks Play Mobile will be on-site and stocked with games and toys suitable for children.
- University Settlement will provide information about their summer programs and present some kid-friendly activities.
- NYC Ferry operated by Hornblower will be on site to answer your questions about their Lower East Side service and provide giveaways.
- Henry Street Settlement and the Educational Alliance will be in attendance providing information about their community programming and some fun activities for the kids.
- Basketball City will be on hand promoting their summer camp scholarship program, while providing some fun activities, games and prizes for any youth who want to participate.
- A representative from the FDNY will provide fire safety tips
- Some arts and crafts supplies and free giveaways provided by Materials for the Arts.
Sponsored by NYC Ferry, this event is weather permitting and participating organizations/activities are subject to change. Find out more information online.