Come Smash Pumpkins at Corlears Hook Park on Sunday [Sponsor]
Come one, come all to Corlears Hook Park this Sunday for the Pumpkin Smash 2019!
Bring Pumpkins, Jack-o-Lanterns, and Gourds for a Smashing Good Time! You smash them−and the NYC Compost Project will turn them into compost for City parks and green spaces. Don’t have a pumpkin? That’s okay; join us for refreshments, family-friendly activities, games, giveaways and more! The NYC Compost Project will also be offering a “scoop your own” compost pile so be sure to bring a bag to take some compost home for your garden and plants.
Can’t make it to the event? You can bring your jack-o-lanterns to a food scrap drop-off site near you! For a map of food scrap drop-off sites, visit here.
Sunday, November 3, 2019
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Corlears Hook Park
397 FDR Drive (Corner of Jackson and Cherry Streets)
Other participating groups and activities include:
- The NYPD 7th Precinct Community Affairs office will have a patrol car in the park for the kids to explore.
- Local Girl Scout troops will present various arts and crafts activities.
- A fall-themed photo booth to take lots of fun family photos
- Pillowtalk Fine Art will teach attendees how to make Fuxicos that will be used in a future park installation.
- An FDNY representative will provide fire safety tips and information
- NYC Ferry operated by Hornblower will be on site to answer your questions about their Lower East Side service and provide giveaways.
- NYC Parks Urban Park Rangers will be on hand with an ecology education station
- Potato sack races, ring toss, prize wheel and lots of giveaways